About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am a lot of things - I am limited edition, not weird :) . A Christ Lover and a fashion lover. I love crime and comedy shows (or movies) .. and I always move on no matter what :)

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Guilty















I think I look guilty. I am not sure but that’s what they say
They say I am naturally guilty,
Like atrocity is embedded in my genes

Everyone else walks these streets free
But can I? The question is: am I allowed to?
Why am I being followed?
What exactly is my crime?
Is this a crime of my existence?

Like every other day,
I wake up and I am hopeful for a new day
I am loved, much loved by my friends and family
I love fishing, playing football and having big family picnics in summer
I love to have a good time, and thank God I do.

Maybe I dropped out of school, maybe not.
But like every other day, I am hopeful for the future.

Today, I was being followed again. 
Today though, I wanted to be careful
I didn't want to be part of statistics.
No surprise, I was talked to like I just committed murder
I tried to ask what my crime was
But I am on the floor
Begging for mercy; pleading to be let go
I tried to scream but my voice starts to faint

I am weak. I try to scream for help
Tried to reach my energy, I am hopeful
My voice is faint. I tried to speak
But my energy is vanishing
Today isn’t my lucky day
A sound is going through my chest
I can’t reach air.

What exactly was my crime,
that I deserved to be killed on the spot?
What exactly was my crime,
that I did not deserve to be heard?
Was it the existence of my being?
Why do they always call me guilty?
Was this because of my race?
Did I deserve to die because I was an African- American male?


Yesterday, another innocent African American male, Alton Sterling, was rough-handled and shot by two police officers. There is a video going viral of what happened, I saw it, and the deceased was shot multiple times. The whole thing is heart-breaking. 

This is dedicated to everyone who lost their life due to misuse of power & / police brutality. 

The difference between us and them is location. May Justice be served this time. I really really pray Justice is served this time.  







4 comments:

  1. Bạn đang có bệnh và mong muốn điều trị? Phòng khám phụ khoa Thiên Hòa chuyên chữa trị các phụ khoa bao gồm các bệnh viêm nhiễm phụ khoa,Viêm âm đạo, bệnh cổ tử cung, tử cung, bệnh buồng trứng và vô sinh hiếm muốn. Nếu có nhu câu thăm khám và điều trị bệnh. Hãy liên hệ ngay tới Phòng khám, các chuyên gia sẽ tư vấn và giải đáp mọi thông tin cụ thể.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am weak. I try to scream for help
    Tried to reach my energy, I am hopeful
    My voice is faint. I tried to speak
    But my energy is vanishing
    Today isn’t my lucky day
    A sound is going through my chest
    I can’t reach air.

    แคมฟรอก

    ReplyDelete