About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am a lot of things - I am limited edition, not weird :) . A Christ Lover and a fashion lover. I love crime and comedy shows (or movies) .. and I always move on no matter what :)

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Escape ...



Have you ever felt like you needed an escape or just a personal place to enjoy or deal with all the highs and lows of emotions? and Not only when you are sad or lonely or happy but whenever you needed a place to build your internal energy or just whenever you wanted to be in that zone.
Some of you might ask “what is she talking about?”… Well, a place of escape is not necessarily a “physical place” or a named place. It is the technique you use to deal with your emotions, to get your acts in order, a place for relief, a place where you can be YOU. Completely, truly, perfectly and beautifully you! It is the gift God has given to us that makes us feel some kind of “complete” or peaceful or real or a place where you can accept who you are.

Have you watched some people dance? Oh! They can dance like there is absolutely no worry in this world and can just do whatever they want to without caring about who is watching. The way their faces shine at a sound that makes them move.
Have you studied some people who love to sing? They can make the heart of a wicked king melt away. They can help you; take you through all sorts of emotions and feelings with their voices.  Some of the words of the songs become magical, but if you read those words normally- they might appear as just that- words. Do you ever notice how happy they get after they sing, or have you shared the relief they have felt after singing? They sometimes feel like they can conquer the world after singing their hearts out.
Do you know any artist, anyone who can draw? Sometimes, they just want to hide their beautiful talent and feel all the beauty in it by themselves. Okay, not exactly hide; just a quick quiet escape for peace, for love, for relief and … beauty in the world.
What about those who love to cook? It’s like they are cooking their stress away. I am personally amazed by this escape because it is a chore I will pay someone to do if I could afford it. They cook with all the love they could and even serve you with every bit of care they can offer. It is amazing to watch the content on their faces when they do.
What about fashion gurus? These people get excited about the creative ideas of putting a piece upon another piece. Have you watched their eyes when those ideas turn out beautiful? And trust that they want to practice on everyone who will allow them lol.
An escape is a place you can go to feel some sort of relief or peace, a place for yourself and it is amazing to watch people release stress through that one thing they love to do. God has gifted every one of us with that special personal place and we have the option to let it die or to develop it. We have an option to keep it to ourselves or to share it with others. We have an option to grow through it or limit our abilities by it. We have an option to utilize our escape and to make it more useful to us and others.
One of my means of escape is writing and I love writing about different random things. Not necessarily my personal experiences, I gain my inspiration from various things. it could be from a small lesson I picked up in a movie, a random tweet I saw, a conversation I heard, celebrity news, a very random experience, something I learnt at bible study, and it could also be drawn from something personal. My mind has a way of expanding something so small and building topics on it. If you met me in real life, I will likely appear to be a quiet person with little or nothing willing to say or share. But writing is like my voice and I can go on and on and on and can be free.
I had been blogging but stopped for a while because blogging was no longer feeling like a place of escape. I wanted to be free and I wanted to share but I felt limited for some reasons I wouldn't discuss, at least, not now. I wanted to become a better writer (I still do) but I couldn't measure my progress. My goal was (and still is) to deliver content and to accept useful criticisms in order to grow, and also for my readers to pick lessons from topics delivered.  The aim was mainly to motivate or encourage my readers (you guys) , to make you all laugh, for you to share some emotions with me, and to share something God laid on my heart (there are times I don’t want to, but my spirit won’t let me rest until I do).
It has been almost a year since I last blogged (gosh! it feels longer than that)  and I must confess that I miss it very much! I cannot count the number of times in the past I felt less stress when I blogged, and my heart had been telling me to get back to it but I can be stubborn. I was  stubborn mostly because I was considering that maybe this part of my life is over but this is a hobby I cannot ignore. Most of my closest friends have been asking why I stopped blogging, and encouraging me to get back to it; so, they have been a motivation too! I will take this little moment to say thank you guys! love you much, you already know ;)
It is important that sometimes, we take a step back to figure out how much we love something but we shouldn't completely ignore our “escape” like I did. If there is something you love even for fun and satisfaction or something that brings you some sort of relief, try not to ignore it. I encourage you to utilize it and develop it.


So, here I am again guys, back to my escape!





1 comment: