About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am a lot of things - I am limited edition, not weird :) . A Christ Lover and a fashion lover. I love crime and comedy shows (or movies) .. and I always move on no matter what :)

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Single?

AND---

This is dedicated to all the single ladies (&men) out there! singing *if he likes it then he should put a ring on it, if he likes it then he should be committed, if he likes it then he should do this right** yes! my re-mix! lol


If you know me, then you know I am in love with love. the idea of it. I get excited when my male or female friends go on and on about some new girl/guy. it's weird. I DO WANNA hear it!! I love to lol and I am usually the one "aww-ing" the loudest

But I have a  few single friends and I feel like pushing them out to the "meat market" go find someone who makes your heart tinga-linga-ling  and better not be single this time next year (or I will  have to do the match making myself! :|)  murmurs- and you know how not soo good I am with that ...



Since love is in the air  I did a little research on where to meet single men and women.  (references are below)













School:

But OF COS! school is a hot-spot! As one of my lovely aunties advised me in my first year in Uni "use one eye to study and the other eye to look for a man, it's harder after school oh" haha! I just laughed out loud when she said it but it is true!! If you are still in school, take some special interest classes, join a group or two. Study buddies are also a great way to network and meet new people. School is like a dive in the ocean :D

Apple Store:

Boy! I was in shock when I saw this on cosmopolitan, but seriously it makes sense! Men love their gadgets and the apple store has lots of them. As written in the article " take a free workshop on anything from Photoshop to podcasting or just survey the, ahem, good-looking merchandise" if you know what I mean ;)

Library/ Bookstore:

I totally agree with this one! I am actually happy to see this! Many of my friends do not agree with me but I have met some really cool people in the library.. then maybe you can go on with "solving one or two assignments together" etc.. The library is a beautiful place to meet people, guys!

 

Through a friend or Family:

This will be my personal least favorite and not just me, some of my friends agree! You know when "aunties" and "uncles" or older friends try to hook you up and the date just turns out to be an epic fail! being there and do not wanna be there again lol!

But it has also worked, people introducing people to other people have turned out to something beautiful.

Introducing works but not the forceful thing of "you MUST be together".. *say na who die?*  lol




Online:

I know, I know! the African culture really frowns at this. There is almost a stigma when you voice out that you want to try online dating. It has its pros and cons but it works. Personally, I have nothing against it except to be extra careful, ((s)he might be a psychopath!

Weddings:

What a beautiful place to meet beautiful people (p.s. if you have not invited me to your wedding, I am accepting IVS and making available time).

Talk to people. Dance with the fine looking man or woman you have been admiring (don't stick with your friends oh).. lots of single people, lots of new people you can get to know :).. and dance!

Gym:

WHY NOT IF NOT?? all the luscious looking people. hmm hmm eye-candy.. in short I like this one because it is a good motivation to work out and stay healthy. There are lots of fine looking men at the gym! To meet working class people I suggest joining a corporate gym. working class men and women that can work that body!! lol







Sports Bar/ Club:

This is a popular one. though I won't go for a party boy because it is exhausting [I can't be worrying too much abeg (lol)].  and because I do not go out as much anymore. But it is a popular place to find fun-loving people!

You know how good girls are now ending up with party boys? lol let's go to the next one!

Religion Center (Church/Fellowship)

YES! come to church! okay, for real though, do not come to church to meet a man or woman come meet with God oh! but the church is a good place to meet some responsible people especially those you share same principles with.

Come to think of it, some people actually start coming to church more when they start feeling the need to "settle down". they will all be "worshipping" and trying to "fellowship" with you more. Be careful is all I am saying lol.





So there you have it. Top places to meet single People! Let me know what you think xx

 http://voices.yahoo.com/top-ten-best-places-meet-single-men-women-490103.html?cat=41
http://ca.askmen.com/dating/player_60/81b_love_games.html
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/dating-advice/best-places-to-meet-men

13 comments:

  1. I think you covered it all, but what about at your own workplace if you're working? #justsaying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Myne .. an d yes, the workplace is another place

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a funny piece! I would be too sacred to try any of these though. Haha I can remember once going to the gym to look for men though..oh boy did that fail! lmaao. Nice one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lmaooo. You really did your research :D

    Happy vals

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tosin oh pls U of A gym can be tad bit too crowded but d eye candy *winks* lol

    @Toin lol yes oh! I am watching out for all single friends lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol at "accepting wedding Invitations." I like your remix o jare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Singles are everywhere, people have met even in the weirdest places

    onecurator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you did a very nice job!!!
    I am a way too shy, to try some of these!! :P

    http://dresstoexpressyou.blogspot.gr/2013/02/saint-valentines-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. @blogratti thank u!

    @unknown but of cos these are just obvious avenues

    @Elena B haha! me too!! I am too shy to go out "searching" thanks for stoppomg by btw

    @ Eya lol thank u jare

    ReplyDelete
  10. i go to gym, but its the girls that are attempting to slim down that are nice, the slim ones are too proud jor, it would now be making you lift heavier than usual just to get attention, shiooo,na church be d way

    ReplyDelete
  11. i go to gym, but its the girls that are attempting to slim down that are nice, the slim ones are too proud jor, it would now be making you lift heavier than usual just to get attention, shiooo,na church be d way

    ReplyDelete
  12. i go to gym, but its the girls that are attempting to slim down that are nice, the slim ones are too proud jor, it would now be making you lift heavier than usual just to get attention, shiooo,na church be d way

    ReplyDelete