About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am a lot of things - I am limited edition, not weird :) . A Christ Lover and a fashion lover. I love crime and comedy shows (or movies) .. and I always move on no matter what :)

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My 1%

they say good men have vanished
that I have to take
what I get, what I see

They say a typical man
will find another lady more amusing than me
more desirable than me
that it's okay if he gets bored
and goes to her cookie-jar
but I won't be with a typical man

They say he would
almost not disrespect me
50% of the time, he might
that to him, I will be second
they say he might make mean jokes
and I have to respond with
an apology 

They say good men are done
maybe 1% left are right
they say he would love me for a while
but I have to take what I get
 
I say those are all lies
I say I will have one of the 1%
For he will work to be
the man in Ephesians 5: 28- 32..
he knows that when he loves me
treats me right, he is doing himself good

I say if he gets tempted to
the curves of another lady
he will run
flee from temptations
and in temptation, he will find no peace
till he does right

He will know that I am a gift
from God, a partner... not an unequal half
how can 1/2+1/2 =1, if 1/2=3/4?
see we are 1, I am one half and he, the other
equals... .. Genesis 2:23-24

I am going back to the basics
to the root of the meaning of love and marriage
not what "they say"

and I will live to submit myself unto him
I will live to be the woman in Proverbs 31: 10-31
and while I wait, I will prepare myself for him
in every aspect
and because of me, more people will respect him
more people will honor him
I will wear fine garments for him
Put on sweet smelling frangrance
and adore him with all my heart

I won't settle for less
I want my 1%
and even in lives storm,
when an uncomfortable situation
stares in our face
we will conquer
we will grow old as one

This is my 1%
and I will wait for him
They say I live in a dream world
that this is all in my "youthful imagination"
I say "I know God has the best plans for me"
I won't get less than best
I tell them
"lets wait and see"
and I smile... in my heart and out 

14 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and so true thanks for sharing and receive the grace to continue to wait in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice write up Abi. May the good lord grant your heart desire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy reading this... I am a serious believer in this. My father is a 1% so the stakes have been set really high.

    We must maintain our standard and what we are looking for will find out. A lot of men are looking for a 1% female as well.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this. Yes oh, do not settle for what 'they say'. There are good men out there still who are looking for the 1% good women too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post and yes I am also waiting for the 1%

    Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how can 1/2+1/2 =1, if 1/2=3/4?
    *Snapping my fingers and shouting hallelujah* Lol. This is awesome! love how you so casually asked if I'd read it, without hinting at what a masterpiece this is!..as for me sha..I still dey pray o! lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ms. Yellow Sisi Unspoken @Eya, @Hannahs haven @Nutty J. thank you! and amen!

    @'Lara he is on his way :)

    @Tosin lol u crack me up! thank you sistuh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its good to always stay positive, and not settle for less

    I have tagged you in the BBC book list tag. Please, check the most recent post on my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wow....God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice darling...totally sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Paul and Nchedo awww thank u soo much.

    @Nchedo yay! u visited my blog :D

    ReplyDelete