About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am a lot of things - I am limited edition, not weird :) . A Christ Lover and a fashion lover. I love crime and comedy shows (or movies) .. and I always move on no matter what :)

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Giving During Christmas

Personally, I did not see the point of wrapping gifts and giving them out in Christmas, I understand/tood why I would make someone feel extra special on their birthdays and why I would give to the needy or be there for people when I am needed but gifts during Christmas? Please what is the fuss about?





My mom gets excited buying gifts and wrapping them for her closest friends and to me, that was just extra expenses. Don't get me wrong, I am not stingy, I just never saw the point. Maybe it's because I went to boarding school and towards the end of every term we were all so broke no one gave any gifts or maybe my classmates/dorm mates did not like me lol.

Anyways, I got to work several days this Christmas period to find boxes of chocolate and gifts and I felt like this -- "aww that's sooo sweet, these people don't even know me that well"
& like this   -- "oh wait! I have to buy gifts too"

So I did.. and boy! It felt soo good sharing (ESPECIALLY DURING THIS SEASON)
I felt awesome seeing the smiles on their faces and them going on about how they loved their gifts.
the joy of making others smile just because!
I think I get it now, it's the reward you get sharing with everyone else in a special season

They taught me some new things:

1) Well, it is most important to share and love every time but more especially in this period. It's the best way to remind people of how much Jesus loves them. There is a God and even science can't explain the good feeling of loving, sharing and giving.

2) It is a time to remind people that we are one in this big world. Whether family or friends, or classmates or co-workers, they are all part of a system and circle in our lives and without them our world would be empty. It is a time to remind people that they are important as humans and they matter. you are important to me, without you, my blog is useless, my love for writing is useless

3) It is a time to be grateful, for life, for provision and to give a hand to those who do not have.

4) It's almost the end of the year, and a time for something new. See, I love spring and it is my favourite time of the year because it is a season when things usually turn around for me. It is almost like my own new year. It is also a time that prepares us for the long awaited summer season. Christmas is just like Spring. It prepares us for the long awaited new year, new hopes, new dreams and new aspirations.


SO TO ALL MY READERS, FELLOW BLOGGER-S, FRIENDS AND FAMILY, I WISH YOU A VERY VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.


I encourage you to give/share this season because it is key, I wish you all the blessings this season brings


love and kisses**
Abi Tobi


 

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I totally get you, sometimes gifts can say more than our words because people will hold on to that forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. Have a beautiful Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little late but...Merry Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete