If you follow me on twitter, or a friend on face book, or my friend in real life you are prolly tired of hearing about the "Live It Loud" conference. It's a Redeemed young adults conference in Canada, and it runs for 4 days; young adults from various parts of Canada come together and bla bla... we learn, we have fun and we make new friends :D
So this year, it was absolutely wonderful. I danced like never before... met wonderful people and learnt a lot.. I also want a message bible (excuse you! I accept Summer gifts lol)... Was soo good I din't feel like leaving I wish it ran for a few more days so but we all have lives outside of the program right? *Sigh*
So here is to sharing a few things I learn't
- Before you say "I DO" make sure you know what your primary responsibility will be in life. Apart from God, your new responsibility is to make sure (ENSURE) your partner is happy. Make sure you are ready to do anything right in your power to make them happy, grow and so on.. it's no longer about you it's about him or her. Now that's where I found the real definition of love. So, you want to make sure that he or she will do same for you. That he/she wants to ensure your happiness, growth, and that you are his/her primary responsibility (after God)
- Never base your relationship with God on others' own relationship with him. Don't get me wrong, it's good to have a mentor, but at the same time you do not know what people do behind closed doors. The heart of man is very wicked and we need to be careful. When communicating with him use your own examples... like say "you healed me of headache, this is not too much for you." Don't say because your mentor decided to go "natural" you want to as well... lol., you are own your own o because when the "guys" stop coming err she won't help you o. Whatever you do let it be because of your relationship with God; between you and him not because of what other people are doing
- Learn to forgive yourself, just soo you can move on. Sometimes, we just want to hit ourselves in the head because we messed up and we can't let go of it. Well, such is life, we all make mistakes.
- Sometimes, because we do not forgive ourselves we forget that God has forgiven us
- Sometimes, God doesn't give us answers because we sorta kinda already know what he thinks of what we are doing. Like you know what I mean? Sometimes, he wants us to think about it and find an answer...
- There is sooo much talent within Nigerian Christian young adults in Canada. You have no idea how much. I was amazed
- I had a wonderful time again :D