About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am a lot of things - I am limited edition, not weird :) . A Christ Lover and a fashion lover. I love crime and comedy shows (or movies) .. and I always move on no matter what :)

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Break-Ups

I hate watching my friends go through break-ups and it's funny how people somehow expect me to know what to say in certain situations when I really have no idea of what to say... First, because we are all different.. Second, because I don't wanna give the wrong advice... But here is my take on it.

well .... I have learn't that when people want to go, just let them go... see  there's no point holding on to someone who won't hold on to you. Almost everything to me is an investment, why would I keep investing in someone who would negate my returns??  ....So when my friend comes to me and says his/her lover wants to leave I tell them to let them go, I might be wrong but.. 

I sometimes feel like I have lost all the words... just as if I can't reach them or all d alphabets disappeared. I hate the tears... I just go ahead and give a hug because well.. I dunno.. I just want them to stop hurting...  

And I hate the "What's wrong with me?"  all I wanna do at this point is bitch slap them to wake up and remind them of how fab their life was... like we all had a life before someone walked in.. Some people will come in, you will love them, and they might hurt you... doesn't mean life has to stop....

And I hate the "I will never Love again"... arrggh!! really?? because you met one or two jerks doesn't make the rest of the people in the world jerks...  There are good men and women out there --they might be few but they are there... You might just have to kiss a number of frogs before you get to your Prince Charming or Cinderella. 

What I do is advice them to let go... if someone says they want to leave (when you know it's not your fault, and you feel like you are holding on too tight) let  him/her go.... The person probably isn't meant for you. .... If they are, they will come back. 

and then GO OUT!... 
Like take care of yourself, LOOK GOOD and SMILE, and have a good time.... it's hard for feelings to die, but when your ex isn't thinking about you no more, honey, you have to TRY to stop thinking about him/her (intimately) ... So, try to drag yourself out of your bed, go out to parties, or get-togethers, movies,  even girls' night outs ... am not suggesting meeting someone else immediately but you might need something to take your mind off it...

Break-ups hurt and they sometimes hurt really really bad (which sucks!) ... and I believe the first time is usually the most painful... I can't tell my own story on blogsville lol I was a lil' younger then but I learnt a lot from it, and I am somehow grateful it happened lol .... 

What other advice/what other ways do you use to help a friend going through a break-up, or how are you there for them? I find it hard to call and ask about it, I just talk about other things because I don't want them hurting from my "reminding" them.

Recap-
IF you are going through a Break up
- Let the person go
- Look good 
- Please no depressing expressions (SMILE)
- Other people don't have to pay for what (s)he did.. but your experience should make you wiser in your decisions and choices
- Life Moves on
-  A HUG FOR YOU from me (lol)
-  Smile :) 


 xx
With Love,
Abi Tobi 

btw, this guy shares most of views.. he talks really fast and I love it lol ... enjoy



11 comments:

  1. Nice advice for young people dating. Your recap makes so much sense, though I disagree that we might have to kiss couple of frogs to meet our prince.
    Not everyone has the strenght to have heart breaks over and over again without being damaged. It might be best not to test the waters at all until we are sure that this person has the potential of being a good husband

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, yes I agree, not everyone has to or can take all the heart breaks... but ...

    yes, and people shouldn't just settle for "anyone" or be "testing" especially when they are not emotionally strong or ready...

    But for those who are going through a break-up, they need to remember that it happens, and it might hurt soo bad, but time heals and life has to move on..

    I appreciate your point of view :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... This is a very lovely post.

    What do u say about girls that are in abusive relationship and they still wanna die there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! that's some messed up thing.. I believe most of it has to do with low self-esteem or the fact that they have invested soo much in that relationship...

    I will write about domestic and family abuse one of these days

    Thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "why would I keep investing in someone who would negate my returns??"---Accountant!!
    LoL

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for your comments
    loool @Giagerry well... it is true tho lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. and talk to God about your hurt let him heal you...then don't fly into another relationship lool before you leap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. forgot to add... visit my blog and you'll like it! www.laraecxel@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete